Subject: Leica in Photo Techniques Mag.
From: Jim Zietz <jzietz@unix1.sncc.lsu.edu>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 1997 15:31:03 -0600

I don't know if I am the first to point this out (I am a digester), but the
December '97 issue of Photo Techniques has a cover article on "Choosing an
M-Series Leica". The lead photo for the article shows the exact Leica
combination that my predecessor in my job here at the LSU Public Relations
department bought almost 35 years ago: M3 with MR meter, 35/2.8 w/ goggles,
50 dr, and 90/2.8.  This equipment is all still working and getting used,
especially the M3's and the 50. The cover photo has the M3, the dual-range,
and the 35  w/ goggles in the background. The close-up goggles for the
dual-range Summicron looks like the viewfinder glass is broken.

There is another article on their pick of the 25 best cameras made today.
The M6 is #6. They tell all about the camera, but don't mention the best
feature - the lenses. Sorry, but the R8 didn't make their list. The RTSIII
did, though (#16). The Contax G2 is #11. My wife was kind of ticked that
her Mamiya 7 wasn't on the list, but a Fuji GA 645 was.

A third article of major interest to me was on the Durst L1200 enlarger
with the Multigraph head.

Jim Zietz