Subject: scanning
From: jose luis gonzalez <jlg@redestb.es>
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 1997 22:07:56 +0000

>Polaroid is reputed to have the most flexible software of the consumer f=
ilm
scanners.  Certainly you can perform color correction and brightness and
contrast and curves in the scanner itself with it.  I certainly
recommend
it, if it's not too late for you to switch.

I  totally agree with you regarding the software, but the 35 Plus in
very unreliable ( I =B4ve had several breakdowns in less than a year, the=
 =

polaroid tech. service is lousy ( I=B4m being mild ) at least in Europe. =
had to buy  a Super coolscan after the first breakdown because Polaroid
Spain had not other Plus in stock!!, in the end I feel gratefull to them
because the Nikon has proved to be much more reliable than Polaroid. I=B4=
in  the market for a MF scanner of at least has  2.000 ppi optical and a
affordable price, I=B4m sure it is not going to be the Polaroid SP 45,
I=B4ll wait for the soon to be released New Duoscan from Agfa

A solution to get ligther scans from the Nikon is adjust the gamma of
the driver to 2 or higher

Regards
Jose Luis