Subject: Re: Opinions Sought: 35mm Summicron R vs M aspheric
From: "Thomas J. Donovan" <75674.3465@compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 1997 00:09:44 -0500

Eric Welch,

    >>Everyone I know who has actually used both........the Summilux is
better<<

                    >> Compact & Light; the Summicron is the choice<<

Usage clearly yields the facts!  However, it's hard, in practice, to
compare all lenses prior to buying; that's why the BAS charts can be
helpful. However, as you say, all Leica lenses are great & choices can be
based on reasons other than optical excellence!

My R-80 f1.4 is still on back order along with my R8 winder. I've been told
my 80 f1.4 should come in within a month; who knows about the winder ;~)!
In the meantime,
I'm researching the options for my Digital darkroom; when I settle on the
scanner, I'll post you a MSG!

Congrats on your promotion ;~)!

Tom D.