Subject: Re: on the run
From: Afterswift@aol.com
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 1997 13:15:02 -0500 (EST)

Fellow M3ers,

My gripe is that neither Leica Wetzlar nor Solms furnished a really
foolproof, fast take-up spool replacement for the time-consuming
teeth-gritting, rebarbative original to the M3 -- one of the greatest of all
Leicas -- and no other outfit chose to fill the void. Not even an individual
who has the equipment to make a custom version, like the gentleman who
produced a really good motor drive for the M6. It can be done. I wish I could
use -- or afford -- a metal lathe... Then I would really know immortality and
nirvana and be forever revered as a friend to humanity.

But hope springs eternal in the human breast, particularly for those who use
an eternal camera like the M3.

Bob