Subject: RE: 15mm f/3.5 Super-Elmar-R
From: jeremy.kime@bbc.co.uk (Jeremy Kime)
Date: 11 Nov 97 18:32:00 GMT

Something close, and much cheaper was a Rollei SL35Me camera I found with a
16mmF2.8 Fisheye Distagon, seemingly, permanently attached. I bought it/them
for 70GBP. After, eventually, seperating the two I had a mount made (by
Malcolm taylor in England - he who was asked by Leica to overhaul the Ur
Leica...) to sit the lens onto M cameras. Its a dream! Contax still list
this lens at approx 3000GBP and I made a viewfinder for it with a 180 degree
security viewer.
The image is a full frame fisheye, not a circular image within the film
frame, so I masked off the top, bottom and sides of the viewfinder but it's
a great lens.
But how I wish I could find a cheap 15mm rectilinear, pref a Hologon.
There was one for sale in the US (seen in Shutterbug) this last Jan. which
had been extracted from a Hologon camera (!!) including the viewfinder as
well and converted to Leica M fit... 2700 dollars I think.
We can dream...
Jem