Subject: Re: And The Minox ML of course
From: Afterswift@aol.com
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 1997 14:40:08 -0500 (EST)

An exposure lock is the elegant way to get accurate exposures without
messing around with hard-to-turn dials on the bottom of what is a very small
camera. --Joe Berenbaum

Joe,

The Minox GT has a 2X manual over-ride on exposure. But that exposure lock on
the ML is a great idea. In any case, in the field, I seldom have exposure
problems with the GT. I think the secret behind the top quality negative I
get with the Minox 35 is the precision with which it's made, from the lens
formula to the film pressure plate.
I believe the Minox 35 model line is hand assembled.

On newer models I'd like to see an improvement in meter operation and shutter
display. The meter should be made more sensitive and rugged because that
camera gets constant use under all sorts of conditions. The needle indicator
is not viable. Some day the Minox 35 will have the full readouts of the Nikon
FM. Minox is capable of doing that. The splendid feature of the Minox is that
it's not a sealed box. It's a professional equipment. Eventually I think a
Minox 35 will emerge with a BTL meter, as we have in the M6. How it could be
done, I can't even speculate.

Bob