Subject: Re: M7????
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 1997 13:34:11 -0600

At 11:17 AM 11/10/97 -0500, you wrote:

>and the film isn't dead slow, that 1/50th sync speed is seriously
suboptimal:=A0=20
>you lose any possibility of choosing a DOF-reducing aperture.=A0 If the M6E
has=20
>a flash-sync speed of 1/250th or better (is anything better possible with a=
=20
>focal-plane shutter?) I'll be there in line at my camera store.=A0 The=20
>possibility of choosing aperture-priority automation occasionally would be=
=20
>gravy.

True, but the slower the film, the easier it is to fill-flash. I'd go for
an M6E with 1/250 flash sync. There is one camera I know of that flash
syncs. higher with a focal shutter - Nikon F5 - 1/300.
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

More hay, Trigger? No thanks, Roy, I'm stuffed!