Subject: Re: One day's work
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 1997 10:11:23 -0600

At 01:54 PM 11/9/97 +0000, you wrote:

>HIGH emphasis on good photography.=A0 We choose which photos get used and=
=20
>even have say on how the image is used in the magazine, tell me where=20
>else a shooter has that kind of input.=A0=20

Actually, at my newspaper. We tell them which picture they will use, and
how big it will run. Not many papers allow that, but it's one reason I
moved from Oregon to Missouri! I get to lay out my own picture pages, and
am pretty free to come up with whatever picture stories I want.=20

It's a photojournalists dream, and I'm living it! Well, I'll be going
digital soon, so my life will be getting a lot more complicated for  a
while as I learn the ropes, but I wouldn't trade this job for any other in
the world.
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO