Subject: M6 purchase
From: Simon Ogilvie <simon_ogilvie@ionica.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 97 15:49:00 GMT

OK, I'm getting very close to dropping the cash for an M6
and a 35 Summicron, but I still have a couple of questions
to clear up before doing it.

The M6 I'm looking at is a black one in *absolutely* mint
condition, and has "M6" written on the front without "Leica"
next to it.  Does this make it an old Solms production model?
(I think it says "Leica GMBH, Germany" on it and not Wetzlar.)

I hear conflicting reports as to whether there were any
changes made to the M6 since it was introduced.  Is the meter
in the current one the same as the original, or were there
changes made to improve it?  Were there problems with
old meter switches or not?  This M6 seems fine, but I haven't
checked the meter against my Gossen yet.

Is there anything I should look out for before buying this camera?

As a new one is only a few hundred pounds more, would I be
better off going for that?

Thanks for your help!

Simon.
Simon Ogilvie    simon_ogilvie@ionica.co.uk
UNIX Analyst      Ionica plc, Cambridge, UK