Subject: Roll call
From: Stu Tilley <sdt@dingbats.demon.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 1997 14:31:03 +0000

Stu Tilley
IT Strategy & Planning
45 years old, no kids (can't afford kids _and_ Leica's).
Leica user (on and off) for the past 11 years.
BA in English from a Welsh university, so I naturally went straight into
computers after leaving... ;-)
* M2, 35mm plus 50 and 90 collapsibles plus various copy stands,
filters, meters etc.
Always thought the M2 viewfinder with 35/50/90 more suited to my needs
than the M3; perhaps one day I'll go for the M4 or M6, but I'm happy
with the current setup - it does what I want and it even fits in a
pocket (if a tad heavy).
* R3 plus 28, 50 and 180 (f/4 - I like the light weight).  Planned to
get an R5 or R7 but I'm now looking at the R8 - I guess I'll wait and
see what other variants they produce over the next year or two,
especially in the digital field.  Still like the R3 - the older Minolta
body "feels" ok to me.  Just had it redone by Leica at huge cost (meter
coupling "string" came adrift) so it's now fully tuned and calibrated
into the bargain.
* Mini III - in the pocket most times for simple pics. I would otherwise
miss.
Also my old A1 with various Canon lenses, and various Voigtlanders which
I'm rather attached to (now there's some engineering!)

Only just started taking real photos again - but I haven't ventured back
into the darkroom yet.

I found LUG a couple of months ago, and have really enjoyed the info. on
the group - keep up the good work.
Sad I couldn't think of a really good excuse (for either the business or
the wife) to go to the seminar at Kennebunkport - stayed there on
holiday a couple of years ago and really liked the lobsters, the place,
the lobsters...

Stu
- --
Stu Tilley              E-mail: sdt@dingbats.demon.co.uk
Little Chalfont                 Compu$erve 100031,14
Bucks