Subject: Re:M5 v M6: conjecture v reality
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Sun, 09 Nov 1997 13:41:29 -0600

At 10:27 AM 11/9/97 -0500, you wrote:

>"Rangefinder Base Length. 68.5mm" for the M5 and on page 35 he lists that=
 of
>the M6 at 49.9.=A0 Are these absolute base lengths as opposed to effective
>base lengths?=A0 And, if he intended them to be absolute, he is surely=
 wrong
>because the M5 finder windows are not 20mm farther apart in the M5 than in
>the M6.=A0 This issue is something we haven't had much discussion about in
>LUG.=A0 What do you think?

The M5 has the same viewfinder magnification as the M2, M4 and M4-2, right?
So it's effective rangefinder base will be different than the M4P and M6
which includes enough area for a 28mm lens and thus shorter effective
rangefinder base. Add the M6 viewfinder and the M6 drops to 49.9 too. Right?
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Microwave: Signal from a friendly micro...