Subject: Re: One day's work
From: "Roger Beamon" <beamon@primenet.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Nov 1997 11:42:36 -0700

On  9 Nov 97,  George Huczek wrote:

<snip>

>I do admire your work and talent, to be sure, but I do not envy your
>chosen career.  I am lucky enough to be able to use my cameras or my
>darkroom just about every day as well, but for the love of it,
>photographing whatever I want to, at my leisure, without the pressures
>that a working photojournalist has.

My thoughts, also, George. Nice job and idea, Harrison. My hat's off to
you who go out and capture the images that shape Mr. & Mrs. Everyman's
life, and do it day after day after day. Further, to do it and retain
your zeal and enthusiasm for the craft is laudatory. I know that many
working photojournalists have lost their enthusiasm and work at it like
any bloke working a normal job. This list harbors the former; I suspect
that is shown by the fact that they are willing to participate on here.

So, keep at it, you zealots out there; We love ya!
- --
Roger Beamon
       Naturalist & Photographer
       mailto:beamon@primenet.com

          Thought for the day:
      Advertising (n): the science of arresting the human
      intelligence for long enough to get money from it.
             -- Stephen Leacock