Subject: What to Take When The Marriage Fails
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Sun, 09 Nov 1997 09:53:30 -0500

My wife threw me out.  The last time she did this, she started tossing
binoculars at me -- luckily, these were Zeiss and Docter glasses, and
tough.  Only one was damaged, and the Lifetime Warranty fixed that.

Now, she tosses me out again, more peacefully this time, but I don't trust
her.  What to take?

The answer is economic:  I rated all by economic standards.  That is, the
first trip saw my gear worth more than $US 1,000 go with me -- Leica M6,
Rollei 2.8GX, Questar, APO (Leica TM!) Televid, 1.5/7.5cm Biotar, and so
forth.  The second run saw me dropping to the $750 range (Rollei 2.8F, VISO
lenses).  The run today will see me clean out the last of the LTM stuff and
the Mutar and so forth.

She left four messages on my answering machine and then called a fifth time
and got me:  she wants to talk.  Sheezh!  I am TIRED after lugging all this
German (yeah, the Questar is American, but it might as well be German for
its weight!) metal around!

Life is hell:  I did leave the Canon EOS for her.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!