Subject: Re: Leica on Leica Logo
From: Bert Keuken <b.k@pi.net>
Date: Sat, 08 Nov 1997 10:24:34 +0100

At 16:42 7-11-97 -0800, you wrote:

>From: Robert Rose <RJR@usip.com>
>Date: Fri, 07 Nov 1997 11:26:58 -0800
>Subject: Leica on Leica Logo
>
><<We insist on it being used in this form by anybody wishing
>> to relate to us. It is also not tolerated to include any additional
>> elements within this logo (such as "user groups").
>>
>> Please change this accordingly asap.
>
>Alastair,
>It seems they only objected to the modification adding "user group" and
that they had no problem with just using the meatball alone?

That's what I read in the Leica reply aswell. I privately e-mailed Hans to
ask his course of actions. He replied he had removed my LUG logo and is now
only using a red & white Leica dot (leicadot.gif) that I also created from
the by now infamous LUG logo.
There's one thing I don't quite get, the Leica reply speaks of a logo that
'consists unseperably of both the red "button" and the dark grey written
charakter'. Dark grey? Doesn't he mean white or is he referring to the
Leica dot as it appears on the M6? Strange.

There's a thing in Leica reply that's not clear to me, 'wishing to relate
to us'. Of course we LUGGERS want to relate to them but do they actually
want us to so?

I also e-mailed Erwin to ask about the Leica lettering he uses on his site,
haven't had a reply yet.

=========
Bert Keuken