Subject: Re: M7????
From: dannyg1@IDT.NET
Date: Fri, 07 Nov 1997 21:57:21 +0000

Pete,

> I've been away for a while putting the R8 through its paces. What is
> happening in the rumor mill regarding the M7 come 1998? I saw something a
> while back that indicated that an electronic shutter was to be grooved in.
> What of the metering?

Leica has officially denied plans for any of the following:

The electronic M6E
The M6W (which they've reasonably explained would have too much lens barrel
viewfinder blockage)
M6T or consumer version of the M6J viewfindered M6, which they've said has been
problematic (I remember Roger writing something to this effect. Roger?)

The Tri-Elmar or Tri-mar 28-50 pseudo-zoom.

The R8.2 mechanical and R9 AF.

For your consideration, Leica also denied any plan for an R8 right up until the day the
thing came out. They do seem a bit to comfortable putting out white lies IMO.

Danny Gonzalez