Subject: Re: I agree with Ted - not Margaret
From: Leikon35@aol.com
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 1997 05:46:30 -0500 (EST)

 Ted - It is said that Margaret Bourke-White's pics where so good because
 she shot so much that no one ever saw (very large waste-paper basket) &
 only showed the best.  If you only show the best, people will think that you
 are the best.  There is a famous French painter Manet???)  who is only
 known for having painted 6 or 8  in his whole life. Who knows how many
 he actually did paint.  Picasso could (and did) put his signature on any
 doodle on a scrap of paper & it would sell.

 My wife & I first went to Europe in 1958; me with my Leica & she with
 a Tower (Leica Copy) and a book called "Europe on Five Dollars a Day"
 and we budgeted our film so that we never shot the same picture twice.
 No bracketing - just shoot & move on to the next scene.

 Marvin

 I do the "one roll, one Leica" thing every once in awhile simply as a
 "refresher shoot".  Works wonders for "learning to see"  when you have to
 work at it with 36 frames. Besides it makes you "look harder" about what
 works and what doesn't.

 In the end it makes you a better photographer when the time comes that your
 5 or 6 Leicas are smoking with film flying in all directions! :)

 ted