Subject: Re: Calculating Exposures/Roll Call
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Tue, 04 Nov 1997 22:10:17 -0600

At 04:07 PM 11/4/97 -0500, you wrote:

>=A0=A0=A0=A0 in Kodak's Pocket Photoguide.=A0 It did make me keep the light=
 more in=20
>=A0=A0=A0=A0 mind than a mindless reliance on a meter.=A0 Inside=
 photography was=20

Mindless reliance on a meter is bad. That's the people who simply spin the
dials until everything lines up. But I would suspect that many Leica users
are past this point and the fact that Leica has multiple metering options
in the R cameras and a semi-spot in the M6 means that mindless doesn't work
so well. But on the other hand, anybody who thinks they can do better
without a meter is fooling themselves. Knowledge combined with a meter
(reflective is more accurate in the hands of a person who knows what
they're doing, incident is faster and more appropriate for down-and-dirty
quick shooting) is the best combination of all. In camera or in hand.
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

They have what is rare in still photography - the mobility of film, motion,
evanescence, fluidity...your camera has a thousand eyes which are directed
by love and feeling.

- -Anias Nin