Subject: RE: Roll Call
From: Larry.Zaks@DANA.COM
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 1997 11:06:34 -0500

Confessions of a lurking digest subscriber that does't own a Leica!

Name: Larry Zaks
Age: 42
Born: Detroit, Michigan, USA
Live: West Bloomfield, Michigan
Married: One time, just celebrated our 13th anniversary.
Children: 2 Boys, ages 11 and 8 (thank God they look like my wife)
Education: BA Finance, Wayne State University, Detroit, Michigan
Occupation: In management for an computer leasing company
Photography: I can*t remember a time when I wasn*t interested in
photography.  Various cameras from about age 6 up.  First flirtation with Leica
was at about age 11 or 12.  Used my cousin*s post WWII Leica II or III (the
camera was subsequently stolen).  First serious camera was a very used Argus C3
subsequently owned a Yashica rangefinder and Canon SLR equipment for the past
22 years.  At one time, I did quite a bit of B&W in my own darkroom.  Current
camera is a Canon EOS 10s and a few EOS lenses.  I joined this list at the
suggestion of a list member when I mentioned that I am seriously thinking about
getting a Leica Screw mount camera, probably a IIIc or IIIf and 35mm Elmar/50mm
Summicron.  When I held one in a camera shop a couple of months ago, I was
reminded of my first Leica encounter and now hear the Siren*s drawing me
toward Leica.  Could be the start of an expensive obsession!
Credits: Never published in anything other that the company news letter.  Most
family members and many friends have some of my photos on the mantle (or on the
fridge) or in the family album.
Interests: My family, the computer, golf, reading, all American sports like
football, basketball and baseball, channel surfing with the remote control.