Subject: Beamon's grumpyness, was Re:Master Adams versus frauds?
From: "Roger Beamon" <beamon@primenet.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 1997 17:10:01 -0700

On 31 Oct 97,  Alfred Breull wrote:

> At 06:29 31.10.1997 -0700, Roger Beamon  wrote:
> > Art is only a "feel
> > good" thing for those who fancy themselves above the masses.

> Are you a little grumpy at the moment, Roger  ?

No, not at the moment, Alf...Always!  Just telling it like it is and
not as the "arts and croissant" crowd think.

> Couldn't it be, that arts are the culture and sould of a nation - that
> what you remember, even if the nation has finished existence ?

I don't believe that for a minute, Alf. If true, then it is misleading
as hell. If true, the opinion of many of the nations of the world would
be far better than the history of the nation shows. The favorite
composer of Hitler was Wagner! What could be more misleading?

Now, see folks, this is getting pretty far afield from Leica. Yet, only
8 people have responded privately with their interest in a photographic
philosophy list. Too few to pursue its establishment. And, it was
posted both here and on the Rollei List. If no more interest by the end
of this week, I'll abandon the idea.
- --
Roger Beamon
       Naturalist & Photographer