Subject: Re: Master Adams versus frauds?
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 1997 01:00:05 -0500

At 11:31 PM 10/30/97 -0500, Will von Dauster wrote:
>The government reflects the will and the judgement of the people - in a
>democracy. The marketplace reflects only the judgement of the people with
>spare money.

Not in the US.  The government largesse to the National Endowment for the
Humanities and like agencies was never publicized in any regard -- in fact,
it was buried at the bottom of our Budget, which is now generally several
feet thick.

It wasn't until the ingrates living off MY bounty started puling about not
being paid enough that the public became aware that ANY of these jokers
were receiving tax dollars.  The next thing, the public started seeing WHAT
they had been paying for.  So there was a double explosion of popular rage
- -- half the folks were enraged that ANY tax dollars were going to support
artists of any stripe, and the other half enraged that tax dollars were
going to pay for pictures mocking religion and advocating unpopular
lifestyles.

If these "artists" had been smart and kept their mouths shut, they could
have kept the con going for years.

Marc

Marc James Small
Cha Robh Bas Fir, Gun Ghras Fir!