Subject: Re: Adams
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 1997 23:12:53 -0600

At 04:30 PM, you wrote:

>He brings beautiful images back that we ooh and ahh over, but, good as
>they are, Ansel's are better. With our convenient archive of Ansel's
>original work here at the Center for Creative Photography at the
>University of Arizona campus, it gives us the opportunity to compare
>side by side. *This* is why I'm all agog over Ansel!

A historian once said Ansel will be considered one of the top 10-12 artists
(not photographers!) of the 20th Century. With time, I think most people
will realize the value of his work that transcends technique,
environmentalism, art and the total buffoonery of his detractors.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Okay, who put a  stop payment  on my reality check?