Subject: Re: Roll Call
From: gallagherjt@earthlink.net
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 97 23:00:50 -0000

Jim Gallagher- 42 years old.

Chief of Environmental Analysis and Energy Efficiency for the New York
Public Service Commission. Been working in the environmental and energy
efficiency area for the last 20 years, beginning with a stint at the
Tennessee Valley Authority in the late 70's where I was manager of the
"Solar Homes for the Valley Program". I recently had the opportunity to
visit Vienna and Bratislava to conduct a workshop on electric utility
restucturing for the Central European countries (I'm sorry I never made
it to the Leica shop in Vienna. Maybe next time).
Currently living in Saratoga Springs, New York, where I am interested in
horses, hiking, victorian architecture, and book collecting. I have been
married to my wife Kathy for 14 years, and I have a 13 year old daughter
Gillian who is a violist with the Empire State Youth Orchestra.
I am a relatively new Leica user, having sold off some other collectible
items to buy a near mint M2 with a Summicron 35/2 lens.  I just can't get
over the quality of workmanship that goes into Leica cameras. My M2 is in
heavy use already, and I hope it's only the start of a good Leica
collection.
Lastly,  I wanted to say I have found this list incredibly helpful for
new users. It has become at least a twice daily routine to see what you
all have to say. Thanks!

Jim Gallagher
gallagherjt@earthlink.net