Subject: Adams
From: Afterswift@aol.com
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 1997 14:02:45 -0500 (EST)

Fellow Leicaphiles,

I agree with Roger for the following reasons.

What epitomizes Adams prints are their craftsmanship, scale, and B&W
impressionist on the spot camerawork. He may not have been a purist, but he
was absolutely honest in revealing how he made each published print.

Perhaps no one will be able to print his negatives as he did, but I'm
thankful that we have them and that fine printers will interpret them in his
spirit for generations to come. His lyrical voice is ever in them. That's
real immortality.

As an M Leicaman I can try to emulate his standards of technical quality and
insight.

Bob R