Subject: Expanded Rebates
From: "Robert Sharp" <robert216@classic.msn.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 97 02:15:46 UT

Received word from Leica USA on the following (I believe this is news here;
apologies if repeating a posting I missed): First, M-series rebates ($500 each
camera; $100 each lens) now extended from 12/31/97 to 2/28/98. Second, new
R-series rebates initiated ($250 each lens under 100mm; $500 each lens 100mm
or over), also to 2/28/98. Sorry, nothing on R bodies. Third, Minilux rebates
re-instated ($150), also to 2/28/98. Finally, binocular rebates continue (I
don't see a lot of binocular stuff here, but what the heck). This all is from
customer instant rebate forms for dealers that arrived at the store where I
work. Haven't seen any media ads yet. Anyone ever hear of rebates based on
focal length before? Anyway, perhaps some solace in the recent down-market
days. So, shoppers, carry on!