Subject: Re: Leica quality in large format lenses?
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 1997 15:47:11 -0500

At 07:04 PM 10/28/97 +0100, Juan F. Sanz Cervera wrote:

>Does any of the LUG members
>know of large format lenses with Leica-like quality? I am looking for that
>elusive Leica look, bokeh, whatever, and great resolution with moderate
>contrast. Is there such a thing? If this is too un-Leica for the list, you
>can always e-mail me directly :-)

Well, why not use Leica lenses?  The 4/90 Elmar, 4.5/135 Hektor, and the
Telyts are supposed to give LF coverage.  I have never tested this, though
I did shoot a 4.5/200 on my Kiev 88 once upon a time:  it more than filled
a MF frame.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!