Subject: Seaking Info: Small Camera Bags
From: Robert Ardinger <rardinge@kumc.edu>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 1997 11:00:34 -0500

Question for Leicaphiles about camera bags.

Does anyone know of a small travel camera bag that will fit the following list
of requirements:

Needs to safely hold a Leica M6 with either the 35/2 or 50/2 Summicron lens
attached.  It then has to have enough room (and organized dividers) for holding
whichever of those two lenses is not on the camera and hold the 90/2.8 Elmarit.
I would also like to carry a very modest amount of accessories (Spare battery,
lens cloth, not much more) and about a half dozen rolls of film.  I will not be
carring a flash or a second body or 4th lens (I have bigger bags to use for
carrying more stuff).

 I would like the bag to be as small as possible but still offer a "working"
type top (like a Domke bag has-a flap top that will close with one or two
clips/snaps, there could (does not have to have) also be a secondary, more
secure top (i.e. zipper) to use during transit).  I lean toward canvas bags
(would consider nylon), and to Kahki color (would look at other colors). (I have
two larger Domke bags which I like but even their smallest is too big for this
purpose).  Small canvas field bags are close but lack some of the protection and
ease of use of a true camera bag.

Possible bags from my magazine/catalog/internet search include the Tenba 503M,
the Billingham F 5.6  or bags sold by Leica Camera.  I have not (and probably
cannot) seen many, if any of the bags first hand.  I like the pictures of the
larger Billingham bags I have seen on the Internet but cannot find much of their
smaller bags.  I do not know much about Fogg bags either.  I am not too
concerned about price (with in reason) as most of the prices for the bags I can
find are acceptable (I cannot find prices for the bags sold buy Leica Camera)

Thanks in advance for your help.

Robert