Subject: R-lens Prices
From: "C.M. Fortunko" <fortunko@boulder.nist.gov>
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 1997 09:02:48 -0700

LUGs,

On a recent trip to Berlin, I noticed that R lenses appear to be much in
demand in Germany. The prices of used lenses are approximately twice those
of similar lenses in the US. Also, the ones I saw were beat up, which means
that they are being used. To me, this is an interesting phenomenon.

I also found it interesting that very few people in Germany noticed my M6.
Most of the stuff you see in use is motorized/automated vunderplastick.

However, I did find a great camera store in Berlin-Steglitz on
Schlossstrasse. The same outfit also has another store in Charlottenburg,
near K-damm, but it is mostly aimed at pros. They have the greatest
collection of Leica, new and old, I have ever seen. They also have books,
but most of them are in German.

Unfortunately, I did not take any photos while in Germany.

Best of Light,

Chris