Subject: Lens Alignment?
From: "Dave Myers" <myers@bluelake.org>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 1997 19:25:13 -0400

Hello,

I just bought an M6 with a 35mm Summicron 2.0 (Canadian.)  Haven't even had
a chance to put a roll through it yet.  Tomorrow!

When I put the lens shade on, I noticed that it was not level.  It seems
that the front ring, into which the shade is seated, is out of alignment.
The index mark for f-stops is out of alignment with the index mark at the
rear of the lens on the DOF ring (which appears to be correctly
positioned.)

Two questions.... Has anyone seen this before?  And does it affect f-stop
accuracy?

Oh, one more thing... any suggestions?

Thanks

David