Subject: Re: Photo cover
From: Carl Socolow <csocolow@microserve.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 1997 22:03:39 -0400

- --------------7043E515A2AB4E4E54B244B3

George Huczek wrote:

> The latest issue of Photo Techniques has an M3 on it.  There is an article
> inside on how to select an M camera.
>
> On the cover is an M3 with a DR Summicron.  Behind the camera is the eyes.
> Can anyone tell me what is wrong with the viewfinder window on the goggles?
>  Is it cracked, or does it appear the way it is on purpose?  The cover
> equipment was borrowed from Tamarkin.  I am curious why the viewfinder has
> that weird diagonal thing running through it.
>
> -GH

It's some sort of refraction effect of the stone underlying the product.
Apparently, the photographer either needed it there for balance or
neglected to figure how ambiguous it appeared when viewed by members of
the LUG.

Carl S.

p.s. Wonder how much Stan wants for the body. I wouldn't mind owning it.
- --------------7043E515A2AB4E4E54B244B3

begin:          vcard
fn:             Carl Socolow
n:              Socolow;Carl