Subject: Re: 21mm, Super Angulon etc
From: Bob Parsons <bobp@dodo.demon.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 1997 01:31:48 +0100

Regarding light falloff due to cos fourth law Henning J Wulff wrote:

>The only real fix is a graduated ND center filter, which large format
>users (and Hologon users) are quite familiar with.

Does anyone know of a source of graduated ND center filters suitable
for use with the 21mm/3.4 SA. Either Series VII to fit in the lens
hood or 68mm screw in.

I'm aware of the 95mm ones manufactured by Schneider for use with their
XL series of large format lenses but I haven't seen any smaller. I'm also
told by large format users that the filter should be made to match by the
lens manufacturer.

Due to its close focussing (40cm) and large angle of view I find the
21mm/3.4 SA to be excellent for photographing plants whilst showing their
habitat. Unfortunately many of my pictures include large expanses of what
should be a uniform deep blue sky. On chromes the darkening in the corners
is most noticeable. I'm not too concerned about exact compensation,
anything would be better than nothing.

Bob Parsons.