Subject: Re: Soft-touch releases for Leicas
From: Leikon35@aol.com
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 1997 23:08:39 -0400 (EDT)

   That sounds a very good deal as the ones that were made by Leica that I
 have been using (OZTNO) for 35 years, were mainly designed as an adapter
 so that you could use the LTM cable release on the "M" camera . They sold
 for $7.00 in 1960 but dealers like Tamarkin sell them for $50 or more. I am
 going to order a few of the Soft Touch's right away.

  Marvin
<<
 "These were made for me by a series of machine shops, each hand-made on
 lathes, with a special Leitz tapered thread put on the end. While in the
 basement this week I found my original box of parts, which included about
100
 finished Soft Touch releases. These cost me almost $5 apiece to machine the

 last time I made them in 1964. They have to be worth at least $10 today. If
 anyone wants one, send $10 plus $1 for mailing to Fred Ward":

 Fred Ward <fward@erols.com>

 Elizabeth Mei Wong
 Birding with Women Outdoors at http://members.aol.com/womenout/index.htm
            or with Berkshire County's Hoffman Bird Club

 Henry Curtis Miller, M.P.A.