Subject: Re: Hexagon Irises & Alf
From: Leikon35@aol.com
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 1997 22:07:47 -0400 (EDT)

  Alf - As far as I know, only the Xenon, Summar, & some Summitars had
 the Hexagonal iris which main effect was to make out of focus points of
 light appear as hexagons (am not sure about the Summarit, which actually
 was the same as the Xenon except that it was coated), I will have to go
look.

  Marvin Moss
<<
 (1) If I remember correct it was mentionend (by Marc and/ or Marvin) some
 days ago, that the Summitar was produced with different apertures (hexagonal
 vs. many blades).

 Do you, or does anybody know, whether both lenses differ just in the
 management of the strong contrasts (6 vs many rays of the sun's
 reflections), or do they differ in the management of the out-of-focus areas
 additionally (because of the different shape of the apertures)?

  Alf