Subject: Re: Joys of spring
From: "Hamlet" <adisoon@pl.jaring.my>
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 1997 02:42:25 +0800

Hi Eric,

when you photographed the woman, how did you handle the camera? Did you
shoot at waist level, or held it up to your eye ?

- --adi

: But then just before midnight a call came in that a battered woman was
: threatening suicide. We got there, and this woman was surrounded by
police
: trying to diffuse the situation. A woman from the neighborhood was
helping
: calm her down. I did not want to identify her, so I stood behind her (she
: only noticed me for a second) and took pictures of her silhouetted
against
: a bright light and included side-lit cops from headlights. The M6's
: focusing was perfect for this. And the 35 Summilux ASPH 1.4 aperture with
: Fuji 800 pushed to 3200 made shooting a breeze. Not to mention that it
: being flare free makes me confident I'll get good pictures in a horrible
: lighting situation. This camera has no competition for this kind of
: shooting. Quiet, unobtrusive, focusing that makes you absolutely sure you
: are dead-on.
: