Subject: Re: rules & laws
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 1997 10:21:39 -0500

At 02:35 PM 10/17/97 +1000, you wrote:
>Jim - Thanks for your comments. =A0By rules I was meaning things like
>don't shoot slower than 1/30s with a 50mm lens, don't shoot into the
>sun, don't take landscapes between 9am and 4pm, never photograph from
>behind a mob of cattle etc.

This...

>I'd like to think of myself as a reasonably experienced photographer
>but after another competition rejection letter today I have been
>rendered temporarily inexperienced. =A0There's something going wrong here
>but I don't know what it is . . .

Leads to this. Shoot against the sun. It makes some of the best light there
is. Shoot at noon, and use fill-flash. Climb a tree as the mob of cattle
come close! Break the rules, and the rejection letters will become fewer
and fewer.

Speaking of mobs, if it's a herd of cattle, or a gaggle of geese, what do
you call a group of photographers?

A complaint.

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO

Friends help you move. Real friends help you move bodies.