Subject: Re: Hypericum
From: Alfred Breull <puma@hannover.sgh-net.de>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 1997 06:57:02 +0200

Let's keep it that way, since it's no LUG stuff.

We both know, that all selective 5-HT re-uptake inhibitor (sorry, it's this
way!), Fluoxetin included, are hardly accepted in Europe's psychiatry
because of their inefficacy in the therapy of depressions compared to
Tricyclics, despite of their different side profile, including "unpleasant"
changements in blood and liver parameters.

And we both know also, that L*** pissed on physicians or patients, when
Feighner showed (in 88 ?), that 5 mg are almost as efficient as 20 mg.
Despite the far severe side effects, the 20 mg capsules were thrown on the
(at least: German) market - just because the stuff was produced already
(before the official permission of the German BGA).

Additionally, there are so many _and_ fundamental mistakes in - to be fair:
let's say - both mother companies' marketing strategies, that there will be
no - at least: no near or middle - future for those drugs in Europe.

Alf