Subject: Re: Pretenders to the Throne
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 1997 22:36:41 -0500

At 05:45 PM 10/15/97 +0000, you wrote:
>as the M's a thoroughly unique experience in photography today.  It seems
>that the R cameras, specifically the R8 as it is referred to by Mr.
>Gandy, lack this quality in that they are merely an interation of the
>common SLR camera.

You are incorrect. Jim Stanfield, Sam Abell and William Albert Allard (all
National Geographic photographers), Fred Maroon, Ernst Haas, Sebastiao
Salgado, Ted Grant, :-) and numerous others all use Leica SLRs, because
they are the epitome of SLR lensing. They have the Leica look, the glow,
the ruggedness (the lenses and maybe the R8 too) and the quality backed by
the same company that builds the M cameras.

All these guys I'll stick with over anybody who claims otherwise.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO

My computer's sick. I think my modem is a carrier.