Subject: Re: Pretenders to the Throne
From: "Roger Beamon" <beamon@primenet.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 1997 17:05:32 -0700

On 15 Oct 97,  shawnl@earthlink.net wrote:

<snip>

>It seems that the R cameras, specifically the R8 as it is
> referred to by Mr. Gandy, lack this quality in that they are merely an
> interation of the common SLR camera.

No Shawn. The Leica R8 and all other Rs are the only platform for the R
glass. That, sir, is what makes them Leicas. You can wish for more
technology in the body (though I don't personally), but if you want the
look, you gotta shoot the body. Unless, of course, you're willing  to
spend an even greater fortune on bodywork.

- --
Roger Beamon
       Naturalist & Photographer
       Leica Historical Society Of America
       mailto:beamon@primenet.com

          Thought for the day:
      The only thing that hurts more than paying income tax
      is not having to pay income tax.