Subject: Re: Leica-Users List Digest V1 #687
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 1997 09:11:26 -0500

At 10:19 PM 10/15/97 +1000, you wrote:
>What else is there inside an SLR besides a metering system, a focusing
>system and a film advance system?? How many F5s would Nikon sell if
>they had decided to include a 5 segment meter, no AF, no standard
>motor drive, but an optional MD slower than the F4?

There's lots to a camera. How easy is it to load? What is the prism made up
of? (Silver or cheaper aluminum for the reflective media). The F5 is a
quantum leap ahead of the rest in the three points I mentioned. No other
camera can touch the F5's 1005 pixel RGB meter. No other camera is as fast,
and the AF on the F5 is simply the fastest in the world. That's what I'm
talking about. If Leica had those, I'd own Leica, no matter what it cost
compared to the rest to have Leica glass on an SLR with such performance.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO

I disagree with unanimity.