Subject: Re: Re-2: Leicas and SLRs from Leitz
From: "Roger Beamon" <beamon@primenet.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 1997 06:24:39 -0700

> >Who's responsible for tossing this bone to Alf? Arf arf!
>
> Hey, Roger, it's the Leica User Group, not the R or SL User Group ...
> LUG vs RUG or SLUG. :)

You didn't get my drift, Alf. My implication was that you were like a
dog with a bone in its mouth. Tenacious!  I'm like Eric, however, If
the name on it is either Leitz or Leica, it's genuine as far as I'm
concerned. I, too, would own R if I could only have one 35mm camera,
but, like others, I find a way to have both and use them within their
areas of strength.

I give you credit, however, for attempting to "slug
it out" in other than your native tongue. That's tough when all the
vagaries of english come into play.

BTW, Marvin, "playing with" a set up can be *more* illuminating to a
pro, often, since it allows the freedom to wring out the complete
feature set and try it in more circumstances than that pro might face
in a long time in assignment shooting. Depends on the pro's daily
shooting, obviously.

- --
Roger Beamon
       Naturalist & Photographer
       Leica Historical Society Of America
       mailto:beamon@primenet.com

           Thought for the day:
       Work is accomplished by those who have
       yet to reach their level of incompetence.