Subject: Re: Re[2]: Alf's Leicas don't have winder problems
From: Alfred Breull <puma@hannover.sgh-net.de>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 1997 09:27:57 +0200

At 01:06 15.10.1997 -0500, you wrote:
>At 07:10 AM 10/15/97 +0200, you wrote:
>>a Leica is a VF/RF camera. A SLR from the "Leica Camera Group" is as
>>different from a Leica as a microscope, no matter of the adopted name.
>
>Based on what? The M6 is from the Leica Camera Group. What is the
>distinction? None!

C'mon Eric, when you hear that a news photographer has two Nikons with the
85/105 and 180 mm and a Leica with a 35 or 21 mm round his neck, you don't
associate that the Leica might be a R modell, hmm? So, what's a Leica?

The Nikon name couldn't be associated with the VF/RF system since it's a
Contax replica (maybe equal, worse, or better - I don't know). Nikon is
associated with SLRs. And, sorry, I didn't find Mamiya in my dictionary :)

Alf