Subject: Re: Alf's Leicas are like Gertrudes Roses
From: Leikon35@aol.com
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 1997 23:54:22 -0400 (EDT)

 Eric - I agree with you completely - I was merely stating what I had said
 last June - but now even without Ben Holmes around, one has to be care-
 ful to watch ones back as many on the LUG seem to get pleasure from
 taking things out of context and then nit pick.  I am sure that you are
 more than intelligent enough to understand what Alf & I meant and re-
 gardless of what Ms Stein said - all roses don't smell alike and I repeat
 the Leica Rs are great but they smell different from the Ms.

 With unguarded back & all due respect -

 Marvin
*****
<<
 Classic smassic. Leicas are Leicas are Leicas. The R Leica cameras have
 some of the best lenses in the world. They do things the M cameras can't,
 Visoflex or not. They are complementary, and any claims of inferiority of
 one of the other smacks of something very anti-photographic.