Subject: About the SM-to-M Adaptors
From: lhtseng@math.fcu.edu.tw (Li-Hsin Tseng)
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 1997 14:48:39 +0800 (CST)

Hi,
I just subscribed this mailing list and need your help with
the following questions.  Thank you very much in advance.

If I use a Canon 28mm screwmount (SM) lens with
a 28-50 SM-to-M adaptor ring on the M6 body, will the
28/90-frame show in the viewfinder?
And, how about a 100mm Serenar (Canon) lens?  Should I use
the 90 SM-to-M adaptor or the 135 adaptor?
Why are there different SM-to-M adaptors for different focal
lengths--because they'll each actuate the corresponding
frame in the viewfinder?  If so, I can't see why a 28-50
adaptor can tell which focal length lens is being attached,
and why this 28-50 can't be used for 75mm, 90mm, and 135mm
lenses too.

Have a nice day.
/Leslie