Subject: Re: Camera Bags (late add on)
From: chris@chrismorrow.com (Christoper Morrow)
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 1997 16:14:24 -0400

At 8:35 AM -0800 on 10/13/97, Donal Philby wrote:

> LUGnuts:
> A few days ago someone asked questions about camera bags and someone
> else suggested several including LowePro.  With keyboard fixed, am
> finally catching up.
>
> So, in honor of being in Hawaii, I will "talk story."

For what it's worth, I have or have used, all the bags Donal mentioned
except for the All Weather or the Fogg bags.

I bought a Billingham 445 in London, England in 1986. Don't remember the
name of the store in London, but it was pro-oriented and I got a very good
price compared then to what it would have cost in the USA. When I bought
it, it was packaged flat, so I imagine it would be easy to fold up again
and carry in a suitcase until getting to your location. It fits under most
airline seats, the cloth feels nice, it doesn't have gaudy camera brand
names on it, and it has zippers/flaps galore. Never have I been in the
conditions Donal recounts, but if the material is as weatherproof as it's
said to be, equipment should do better than in a LowePro AW.

One caveat: it takes longer to remove equipment from the Billingham 445
than it does from, say, a Domke F1 bag.

BTW, my day-to-day working bag (in dry to moderate conditions) is a Domke
F4AF bag. I use the Billingham mostly to get equipment to and from
locations.

Chris

Christopher Morrow
Christopher Morrow Photography		Canandaigua, NY
716.394.8810 phone			716.394.4953 fax
http://www.chrismorrow.com