Subject: Re: Agfachrome
From: CapsTeeth@aol.com
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 1997 11:57:51 -0400 (EDT)

> Hi Group!  I have noticed that there are some Agfachrome users out
>  there.  I shot a bunch of Agfachrome many years ago and really loved the
>  colour, but was put off using it by the grain, which was noticeably
>  coarser (at least to my untutored eye) than Kodachrome and because it was
>  reported to have poorer dye stability, both during projection and during
>  dark storage. I understand that the Agfachrome films have undergone
>  considerable improvements in the last few years.
>
>  	How have LUGgers found the new Agfachrome? How does the grain
>  compare?  The dye stability?  I am thinking of popping some in my M-3 and
>  firing away at the fall colours.
>
>  Gary Toop
                         Think you'll find that Agfachrome RSX, like most all
films, have improved noticeably if it's been a few years since you last shot
it.  The forte of Agfachrome RSX is its rather neutral color balance and
realistic rendition...so I'm not sure you will be overjoyed with it for fall
colors.  Elite-II, E100SW and even Velvia (if you're not out in bright sun
with lots of contrasty scenes) might be more pleasing for that type of
subject; but of course it's all a matter of personal taste.

Doc