Subject: 28mm/20mm
From: Leikon35@aol.com
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 1997 17:58:34 -0400 (EDT)

  I have just replaced my 20/5.6 Russar with a Leitz 28mm Summaron
as my pocket P&S camera.  Both lenses are sharp wide open from 4ft
to infinity when set at 8ft but the Summaron is only 3/4" long.  I happen
to have one of the better Russars but the Leitz lens has the edge even
though it is over 40 years old.  Neither one needs a hood as the lens is
in a deep conical mount.  The main difference is price; the 20/5.6 was
$250 including the finder and the 28/5.6 was over $1000 plus another
$75 for a LTM to Bayonet adapter.

Marvin Moss