Subject: Re:
From: Dan Cardish <dcardish@microtec.net>
Date: Thu, 09 Oct 1997 18:19:22 -0400

At 02:40 PM 09-10-97 -0700, Julio Vergara M. wrote:
>I'm having problems with focusing in my Summicron 50/2 lens when using
>the  macro mode (when the lens is pulled away from the body, and some
>kind of button is pressed to release the focusing mechanics).
>
>am i wrong or there is some kind of visor missing that snaps on the
>summicron????
>
>Is the only solution to measure distances from thae film to the object
>being shot.??

It sounds like you are describing the Dual Range Summicron (DR for short).
If so, in order to use the short focus range of the lens, you must clip on
the auxilliary viewfinder (the 'eyes').  When attached, the lens will focus
in the short range ONLY.  The eyes must be removed before the lens can be
used for normal use.

Dan C.