Subject: Re: Who's not so bright. The End.
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Thu, 09 Oct 1997 16:34:59 -0500

At 10:58 AM 10/9/97 -0700, you wrote:
>Zero accuracy is an overstatement by me only because the split image is
>not, (with respect to M, G, and Fuji cameras, tanks, gunnery, etc.) a
>rangefinder. To me, the definition of rangefinder is an accurate instrument

We are mostly in agreement. No need to send names. ;-)

Now, as for the above statement, it doesn't matter what a true rangefinder
is. But that is what the little doo-hickeys in the center of many screens
are called (split-image rangefinder) and so that is what I call them. More
clear than doo-hickey. (I know lots of doo-hickeys!) Just like the debate
on whether the Contax G2 is a rangefinder. Some say it isn't and some say
it is. It's not useful to really argue the point, and I guess this isn't
either.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO

Suicidal twin kills sister by mistake!