Subject: Re: V35 Enlarger
From: Ian Stanley <ian@mos.com.np>
Date: Thu, 09 Oct 1997 13:08:05 +0500

At 12:49 AM 97-10-09 -0500, you wrote:
>At 07:26 AM 10/9/97 +0500, you wrote:
>
>>Do yourselves a favour and pick up a Zone VI Compensating Enlarger Timer
>
>This works with the V35 enlarger? The one thing I've read about Zone VI is
>their stuff is overpriced. But if it works, what are we Leica users to carp
>about? :-)
>
>=============
>Eric Welch
>St. Joseph, MO
>

>You're only young once; you can be immature f'ever

Hello Eric,

	According to the Zone VI catalogue the timer works with "lamp heads up to
8x10", colour lamp heads - any lamp heads except pulsed halogen" - you need
a photocell for lamps other than the Zone VI cold light head.  I assume
this means it would work with the V35 enlarger.

	People may say that there equipment is expensive but compared to what?  I
know of no other company that offers some of the equipment they do.  It is
all well made, practical, functional and guaranteed for life.  My own
darkroom is almost all Zone VI equipment - 5x7 enlarger, 4x5 VC cold light
head, compensating enlarger timer and 2 compensating developer timer.  I
also have a Zone VI 4x5 field view camera that has traveled everywhere with
me and has functioned without fail.  I wouldn't trade for any other equipment.

Ian Stanley

Kathmandu, Nepal