Subject: Re: Who's not so bright..........
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Wed, 08 Oct 1997 23:45:54 -0700

At 01:20 AM 10/9/97 -0500, you wrote:

>>The split image on the ground glass screen in R cameras is not a true
>>rangefinder. There is no distance between the images.
>
>That is not correct. If there wasn't then there would be no "rangefinder"
>effect.

Well... I believe it is true! And so did the instructors at a Leica
workshop I attended.

>I've used split image rangefinders for years, and know they are effective.

That's great for you... not for me and a lot of others. I'm simply
expressing my opinion.

>All your colleagues? Who? How many?

47, George Nakamura (Nikon), Sherman Gavette (Nikon), Sherman Hines
(Contax, Pentax 6x7), John Forker (Leica), Roger Beamon (Leica), Tim
Harding (Canon),... uh... too many to explicitely name here. And you are
not interested anyway.

>To say they're increasing profits is a rather weak
>argument, considering how much Leicas cost.

Did this really sound like a serious statement???