Subject: Re: Bokeh (again); Japanese L-mount lenses
From: Paul Schliesser <paulsc@eos.net>
Date: Sun, 5 Oct 97 15:11:29 -0400

>Why? How much cheaper could it be? And think about the price of a good used
>90 Summicron and what performance difference there would be. Not in my
>lifetime would I buy "generic" Leica mount lenses.

The only thing I can see that might make sense is if someone made a lens
that Leica doesn't offer. Now that Leica has filled about the only "hole"
in the M lens line with the 24mm, it would have to be something wider
than 21mm. Longer than 135 wouldn't make a lot of sense.

It seems especially strange to me that someone felt there was a need for
an alternative to the 35mm Summicron, for instance.

- - Paul